The Raydrop platform is a fast and easy screening tool to setup emulsification processes such as simple emulsions and double emulsions using Secoya’s emulsification technology: the Raydrop. It includes a comprehensive flow path with pressure controllers, filters, flowmeters, and valves to ease the start-up, shut-down and cleaning of the system in between tests.
A suitable optical system guarantees the optimum visualisation of the emulsification process inside the Raydrop.
The open design of the platform allows its adaptation to the customer’s needs. The Raydrop platform was developed with double emulsification process in its heart, but it is totally compatible with simple emulsification processes.
Perfect control of emulsion production
The Secoya emulsification technology is based on the integration of the most efficient microfluidic technologies in a robust stainless-steel equipment.
The way we produce droplets, particles and capsules relies on the use of couples of capillaries perfectly aligned in a metallic reservoir. The first capillary is terminated with a 3D-printed nozzle and injects the droplet phase in the junction. The second one is the only output of the system, so it collects both phases, the droplet phase and the continuous phase filling the reservoir under pressure.
The droplets are produced by the controlled squeezing of the droplet phase by the continuous phase at the entrance of the collection capillary
- Compatible with the single and double emulsion Raydrop
- 3 pressure controllers (0-7 bars or 0-2 bars)
- 5 reservoirs
- 3 flowmeters (Continuous phase: 0-1mL/min (water); dispersed phase: 0-120 µL/min(water))
- Complete flow path executed with 250 µm ID PFA tubing, valves and filters (10 µm filter for continuous phase; 2 µm filters for dispersed phases)
- Complete optical system:
- Light source
- Microscope objective
- Specific colour camera (up to 400 fps, 1µs integration time) for precise observation and video acquisition
- XYZ translation stages
- Wetted materials:
- Raydrop: Stainless steel, glass, methacrylate resin, epoxy resin, FKM seal
- Platform: Peak, PFA, stainless steel
- Designed for use in fume hoods, special designed cabinets, and gloveboxes.
- Unit dimensions: 58 x 47 x 48cm3 (L x W x H)
- Weight: 15 kg
- Power supply: 230 V (110 V upon request)
- CE certified equipment
- Raydrop platform PREREQUISITES:
- Compressed air supply (0-2 Bar minimum; 0-7 Bar recommended)
- Computer with Windows 10 and an USB3 port (camera) and an USB port (pressure controller)